4 sessions, 8 hours total
Self-paced learning over 10 weeks
Online live events
$824.90 ECA Member
$785.62 ECA Learning Hub Subscriber
Reflect on and identify the practical ways literacy and language can be woven into everyday moments and rich environments. As children come to ECEC settings with a range of experiences—some may know and speak multiple languages—it is important educators understand the process and can support young children in learning language.
- Professional learning materials
- Online learning courses
- Suggested readings for during and after training
- Online live events
- Case studies where the concepts are actively applied
- Self-reflection and group discussions through the ECA Learning Hub online portal
Each Community of Practice contains carefully curated professional learning resources to support and expand your knowledge base on the chosen topic area. Your engagement with the learning materials will foster deeper thinking and facilitate conversation about pedagogy and practice. Choosing to be part of a Community of Practice will take your learning experience to the next level.
This program includes the following professional learning resources:
- Shift and extend your pedagogical understanding of how to plan and implement engaging literacy and language experiences
- Expand your understanding of how to plan for children from diverse language backgrounds
- Design, implement and evaluate an effective action research project
- Become an active member of the online community by engaging in critically reflective dialogue with peers and colleagues across Australia
- Preschool Teachers
- Educational Leaders
- Early Childhood Directors
- Early Childhood Educators
If you’re based in the ACT, completing Community of Practice: Diverse learners and inclusive practice in early childhood will contribute 10 hours of TQI accredited professional learning.
Completing Community of Practice: Literacy and Language in early childhood will contribute 10 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum/EYLF addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2 and 2.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW