This book will help you to understand:
- the elements of music
- children’s musical development
- the central role of singing in early music making
- ways to develop your musical skills
- the developmental value of music for young children
- how music can support implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standard and its relevance to the Children’s Services Competencies.
About the Everyday Learning Series:
Early Childhood Australia’s Everyday Learning Series acknowledges that the most important early learning happens through day-to-day life experiences and provides ideas and strategies on ways educators and families can make the most of these experiences to support children’s development. By ‘making the ordinary, extraordinary’, the Everyday Learning Series is an invaluable resource for educators, students of early education, beginning practitioners, and families by assisting them in maximising young children’s play, exploration and discovery, and development within learning environments.
Subscribe to the Everyday Learning Series:
The Everyday Learning Series (EDL) is a 12 month, four-issue subscription. Subscribers also receive bonus online resources which may be shared with educators and families. Learn more here.
ECA offers libraries and institutions a perpetual access fee. Please contact ECA directly on 1800 356 900 (free call) to obtain the licensing agreement or to order.