This Everyday Learning Series title explores:
- what advocacy means in the early childhood context and why it is important
- how advocacy leads to change
- the role of relationships, networks and professional identity in advocacy
- how educators can develop leadership skills to advocate for causes
- how advocacy links to the National Quality Standard and the ECA Code of Ethics.
The book provides case studies, examples and resources to guide and track deeper reflection on advocacy. It also calls on educators to explore and nurture their professional identity as they step into advocating for themselves and others.