In order to work with nature, we need to re-awaken follow the examples of various custodians of the land around the world and learn the skills that they have maintained over time. There is a worldwide nature movement by embedding nature pedagogy into daily practice. It is not enough to just source bright ideas. As a profession, we need to build on a foundation of values.
Included courses in this package:
- Learning with nature – Introduction to nature pedagogy
- Learning with nature – Mud kitchens
- Learning with nature – Leaves
- Learning with nature – Light and shadow
- Learning with nature – Wind
Completing a Learning with Nature package will contribute 5 hours of PD addressing standard 3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
This package maps to National Quality Standard Quality Area 1 and 3.