Anne Stonehouse AM is an early childhood consultant, writer, academic and facilitator of professional learning for early childhood professionals. She has published many books, articles and other resources for educators and parents. Anne’s main professional interests include the nature of good quality curriculum for infants and toddlers, and family–educator relationships in early learning settings. Anne initiated and chaired the national working party that developed the original Code of Ethics. Anne was also a member of the writing team within the consortium that developed the national Early Years Learning Framework.
Through this course, you will unpack:
- what is desirable in relationships between educators and families
- some of the challenges and rewards that come with taking the time to build solid partnerships with families
- the uniqueness of each educator–family relationship
- why the child’s wellbeing needs to be the focus of the relationship
- how different service types approach partnerships with families.