The module includes video interviews with educators from three service types:
- long day care
- family day care
- outside school hours care.
Whichever part of the children’s education and care sector you work in, this module will provide helpful information, ideas and opportunities for reflection.
Through this course, you will unpack:
- what is desirable in relationships between educators and families
- some of the challenges and rewards that come with taking the time to build solid partnerships with families
- the uniqueness of each educator–family relationship
- why the child’s wellbeing needs to be the focus of the relationship
- how different service types approach partnerships with families.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers.
Completing Partnerships with Families will contribute 1 hour of PD addressing Standard 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.