Jenni Connor has extensive experience in the early childhood sector, having worked as a teacher, a superintendent and a primary school principal. She has managed curriculum policy and equity programs in Tasmania and was an early childhood adviser and writer for the Australian Curriculum. Jenni has authored many publications for Early Childhood Australia and written and edited materials to support the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework. Currently, Jenni is a writer and education consultant with a special interest in early literacy, numeracy and transition to school.
In this course, you will,
- learn how to use maths and numeracy concepts in day-to-day practice with children
- plan for mathematical learning
- understand the role of children in planning the educational program
- unpack how play based learning and intentional teaching practices can be adopted to support children’s mathematical understandings
- hear from educators in early childhood and school settings about how they incorporate maths in their services learning environments.
Click below to watch the trailer for this course: