In part 1 of the course, you will:
- discover what Reconciliation means
- explore how your knowledge and beliefs affect Reconciliation in your service
- discover the history and culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- examine how everyone’s culture matters in early childhood education and care services
- learn where to find further information and support.
In part 2 of the course, you will:
- deepen your understanding about role as an educator in teaching and learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture
- discover how early childhood services can engage with Reconciliation in everyday practices and experiences
- explore how to bring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives to what you do with children.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers.
Completing Reconciliation in action will contribute 1 hour of PD addressing standard 2.1.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.