Dr Luke Touhill has worked in the early childhood education and care sector for more than 20 years as a teacher, director, manager, trainer and lecturer. He earned a PhD from Macquarie University through research that investigated the design of children’s services in Australia. He strongly believes that an organised and well-resourced physical environment influences the quality of education and care practices.
This course will examine:
- what play is and why it is important in early childhood
- how significant play is for children’s learning and development
- the role of educators in supporting effective play-based learning
- how educators can balance intentional teaching with play-based approaches in a variety of early childhood settings
- the characteristics of play as well as the many aspects of play to be considered and planned for
- how to develop an argument in support of play-based programs.
Click below to watch the trailer for this course: