Little Scientists Australia is a not-for-profit initiative of FROEBEL Australia Limited. It provides professional development workshops in STEM topics to help early childhood educators and teachers recognise STEM learning opportunities and implement playful, inquiry-based experiences in their daily practice. Through diverse topics such as acoustics, computer science and the human body, these workshops explore educational concepts, including co-construction, language development, peer group learning and metacognition.
The program is an adaptation of the progressive educational approach of the German not-for-profit Haus der kleinen Forscher Foundation.
Through this module, participants will gain an understanding of:
- STEM in an early years context
- what inquiry-based and co-constructed learning is
- why inquiry practices are important for children’s future
- the educator’s role in STEM inquiry
- how STEM inquiry links to the Early Years Learning Framework.
Click below to watch the trailer for this course: