Course learning outcomes:
In this course, you will:
- explore the sections within the framework Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework in Australia (V2.0)
- discover Learning Outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework V2.0, as well as understand the Principles and Practices of this nationally approved learning framework.
- recognise the importance of the Early Years Learning Framework (V2.0) for educators in order to support children’s learning.
- examine the connections between the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework (V2.0).
This course includes video interviews, self-reflection questions and interactive learning activities designed to support a comprehensive knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework in practice. It is suitable for educators and professionals (at all stages of their careers) working in early childhood setting.
What’s New in the Early Years Learning Framework 2.0:
The Early Years Learning Framework (v2.0) (EYLF 2.0) was updated as a result of a research, stakeholder engagement, and piloting of proposed changes. The 2023 version of the EYLF framework has closer alignment with the National Quality Standard, emphasises areas like transitions, sustainability, theoretical approaches, critical reflection, inclusion. Three new principles have been added to the framework– collaborative leadership and teamwork, sustainability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the EYLF?
- Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (V2.0) is a nationally approved learning framework for Australia, and is designed for educators working with children from birth to five years of age, and for children transitioning to school
What is the main purpose of the EYLF?
- The Early Years Learning Framework (V2.0) guides professional practice, curriculum decision-making, teaching and learning to ensure consistent, high-quality practices across all Australian early years learning settings.
What are the benefits of EYLF?
- The Early Years Learning Framework (V2.0) supports the sector to improve quality outcomes for children. It also provides a national benchmark for quality practices.
How is the EYLF used in daily practices?
- The practices and principles outlined in the Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (V2.0) should underpin all the curriculum decision-making made by educators and teachers in Australia.
Why do teachers and educators use the EYLF?
- Approved learning frameworks are a critical tool for educators in Australia. It guides teachers and educators in their practice, and well as the design and delivery of quality education and care programs. Under section 168 of the Education and Care National Law, approved providers and nominated supervisors of an education and care service must ensure that the educational program delivered to all children being educated and cared for by the service is based on an approved learning framework.
How does the EYLF support children?
- The Early Years Learning Framework (V2.0) places children and their learning at the centre of educators decision-making.