In this module learners will:
- Reflect on the themes (Belonging, Being and Becoming) of the EYLF
- Explore EYLF Principles, Practices and Learning Outcomes
- Recognise ways educators use the EYLF to support children’s learning
- Examine some of the connections between the National Quality Standard (NQS) and the EYLF.
At the completion of the course learners will have:
- Considered the themes of the EYLF as integral to the Framework itself and to the vision for children’s learning in Australia
- Explored the EYLF principles, practices and learning outcomes as the key ideas guiding the ways Educators work with children.
- Recognised ways educators use the EYLF to support children’s learning and the EYLFs links to the National Quality Standards, Laws and Regulations
- Noted how the EYLF encourages thoughtful, purposeful (quality) practice from Educator.
This module includes video interviews, self-reflection questions and activities designed to support a comprehensive knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework in practice. It is suitable for educators and professionals (at all stages of their careers) working in Early childhood settings.
An Introduction to the Early Years Learning Framework will contribute 1 hour of PD addressing standards 3.2.2, 3.3.3, 6.2.2, and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.