The National Quality Framework is a complex document. It will take more than one professional learning course to understand its contents. It is helpful to think of this course as an introduction and a starting point. This course is suitable for educators and professionals at all stages of their careers who are working in early learning service settings across Australia. This course includes video interviews, self-reflection questions and learning activities designed to support a comprehensive knowledge of the National Quality Framework in practice.
In this course, you will:
- develop an understanding of the guiding principles of the National Quality Framework
- learn about the Education and Care Services National Law
- explore the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- delve into the National Quality Standard
- examine the approved learning frameworks for early childhood
- consider the assessment and rating process.
About the Author
Victoria is part of the Early Childhood Australia (ECA) Learning Hub team. Victoria has over 17 years’ experience working alongside children in long day care and outside school hours care programs, and has also held leadership roles centred on supporting educators strive towards quality and research-based pedagogical approaches.
In addition to working in a variety of education and care services with children, Victoria has been a mentor and learning facilitator for face-to-face workshops, accredited training and online professional learning programs.