The art of observing children is more than merely the act of watching them—it is also using what you see and hear to craft new opportunities in your classroom. This resource provides a wealth of inspiration and practice. It will help you learn to observe in new ways.
The art of awareness, second edition includes:
- ten study sessions to help you advance your skills and practice observing children from different points of view
- stories, photographs, and classroom reflections modeling the ways observation can be used and displayed
- activities to help you notice and appreciate what you see
- new ideas and strategies to organise your observations, share them with colleagues and families, and apply them to planning and assessment processes
- emphasis on cultural awareness, observing through an objective lens, and using technology as an observation tool.