It is widely acknowledged that if parents are involved in their child’s early learning there is a positive impact on development and later school achievement.
Parents as partners looks at how to build a positive relationship with the parents and carers of children in your program, whether you are working in a centre-based or family day care setting. It offers practical advice on:
- how to set up and maintain respectful relationship with parents
- what the EYLF expects of educators
- how to involve parental involvement
- working with hard-to-reach parents
- how to connect and communicate with diverse families.
Each chapter includes:
- case studies of how different settings have fostered better relationships
- pointers for reflecting on your own practice
- further food for thought.