Napangardi’s Bush Tucker Walk is a book in which she has drawn on her rich experiences living and working in remote locations of the Territory. The author taught at Mungkarta School from 2002 until 2006 where she saw some of the traditional food gathering. Students often brought bush tucker to school. It is hoped that this story will contribute to the maintenance of Indigenous culture and language in the Barkly region. The Indigenous words for the animals and bushtucker are Alywarre, the language of Mungkarta and some other places in the NT.
- Quintessential Northern Territory outback stories
- High interest level to engage students
- Written by N.T. teacher Lyndall Stavrou
- Carefully selected language and structure throughout each book
- Text support by superb illustrations