Baby Bilby and the Wildcat is inspired by the unique landscapes, animals and the traditional food gathering and hunting of the Indigenous people of the Territory. A lyrical narrative, evocative of the Australian outback, it features Indigenous culture, environmental themes plus information about endangered and feral animals.
- Quintessential Northern Territory outback stories
- High interest level to engage students
- Written by N.T. teacher Lyndall Stavrou
- Carefully selected language and structure throughout each book
- Text support by superb illustrations
About the author
Lyndall Stavrou has written and published five children’s picture books which celebrate contemporary Indigenous culture: “Baby Bilby and the Wildcat”, “Yellow Dog”, “Napangardi’s Bush Tucker Walk”, “Ninu Easter Bilby” and “Warrikirti Christmas Bilby”. The stories are entertaining narratives into which Lyndall weaves her knowledge of the Outback environment. After many years in remote locations in the Northern Territory, she now lives in Innisfail, Far North Queensland.