The Yellow Dog story is based on a dog adapted by the family while living and working in an Aboriginal community, Kowanyama, on Cape York Peninsular. Part Dingo, he was a little different from most dogs, using his long dingo claws to occassionally climb trees, dig waterlilly roots from the creek generally behave like his ancestors.
Jenny Taylor is one of Western Australia’s most recognised Artists. Her paintings now hang in many places throughout the world. Living in Busselton in the south west of WA, Jenny has been painting fulltime since 1985.
- Quintessential Northern Territory outback stories
- High interest level to engage students
- Written by N.T. teacher Lyndall Stavrou
- Carefully selected language and structure throughout each book
- Text support by superb illustrations
“Beautiful illustration depicting everyday life in an outback community”
Carmel Richardson – Wiradjuri Preschool Child Care Centre, Canberra