Based on their combined 40 years’ of experience the authors also address some of the more commonly asked questions by parents such as:
- Why can my child imitate a word accurately but continues to use the wrong pronunciation in his speech?
- Do second and other children talk later than first children?
- Is it better to use grown-up language to talk to young children than ‘baby talk’?
- My child is repeating words a lot, especially when excited – does this mean she’s stuttering?
- My 18-month-old child isn’t saying anything? Should I be worried?
- How early can I start reading to my child?
- English isn’t my first language, but I want my children to speak English!