Winner – 2017 Australian Publishers Association EPAA Teaching and Learning Resource, TAFE & Vocational Education
The judges said:
“A wide range of pedagogical elements encourage students to reflect on their learning and consider the connection between real-world theory and context. Perfectly designed to engage the early childhood market, with strong links to industry standards to support the transition to practice. Alive, bright and fun – all you would expect of a resource in this market.”
New to edition
- Updated throughout with the latest research, content, trends and industry benchmarks
- Now covers units CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety and CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- New and revised tables, images and artwork to further enhance student comprehension
- Content links back to Standards and Elements of the National Quality Standards
- New Scenario boxes help students reflect upon certain situations and how they would handle them in a real world environment
- New Consider This boxes cover topics student’s should consider in certain situations
- New In Practice boxes show link between theoretical concepts and how it applies in a child care setting
- New CourseMate Express for the student, including additional activities, student quizzes, flashcards, cases and more
- Robust Instructor Support resources including detailed mapping to competency, in-text solutions, test bank, customisable PowerPoint slides and more.
About the author
Karen Kearns M. Ed. (EC), B. Ed. (EC), Grad. Dip. Ed. (Spec. Ed) Dip. Teach (EC), Cert. IV Training and Assessment. Karen is an early childhood professional and CEO of International Child Care college. Karen believes that being an educator/teacher in early childhood settings is both challenging and rewarding. A long-time advocate for educators, Karen is passionate about the importance of supporting educators in their critical role with young children and families.