- Examples throughout the text demonstrate how the concepts and theory you are learning about have been applied in real-life settings by specific child-care centres and professionals.
- Updated to reflect the latest developments in the Australian early childhood scene, keeping students at the forefront of best practice.
- Provides information on continuity of learning and transition to school, with specific strategies to support children, families and educators to experience a smooth transition and strengthen relationships and communication across settings.
- Features a strong focus on working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, along with extensive examples from early childhood settings in central Australia.
- ‘Reflection points’ within the chapters encourage students to pause and reflect on the material they have just read and their own practices, to facilitate ongoing learning.
- Help your students to review, practice and extend their knowledge using the revision and extension resources in the CourseMate Express website.