In this book early childhood researchers Elizabeth Stamopoulos and Lennie Barblett provide a new model for leadership. Recognising that leadership is both an individual and collective endeavour, multi-layered and multidimensional, the authors have distilled core tasks of leadership that are explored in detail in each chapter:
- Understanding and conceptualising theories of leadership
- Leading in times of change
- Advocating for high quality pedagogy and practice
- Developing strong communication skills
- Leading through digital technology and media
- Developing effective teams
- Building positive relationships with families and the wider community
- Embedding Indigenous perspectives
- Embracing evidence-based research
- Leading ethical practice.
Featuring the perspectives of leaders from diverse settings, together with reflection exercises and discussion questions throughout, this is an essential book for both pre-service and in-service early childhood educators.